Friday, November 14, 2008

Animal Farm


Just finished these images for a kid's playground mural here in Edinburgh at Gorgie City Farm - this is in conjunction with Kate Mackay at Alchemy Arts also based in Edinburgh. I've purposely left the images pretty loose / sketch-like as they're going to be enlarged / painted up onto wood then jig-sawed out and fixed in place by a team helping out at the farm - the idea being that they can have fun with these characters and not stick strictly or precisely to how I've rendered them but instead get stuck in with the paints and, hopefully, add their own personal touch.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Hi Matt, it's me your old pal Joy! Just wanted to say I'm loving your blog - especially seeing roughs and finished artwork- tres interesting - and Meep! what a little cutie! How's it going with finding a publisher for him and his friends? Mr Geoff says "hi Matt!" Hope life is treating you well!

Joy said...

Hi Matt, it's me your old pal Joy! Just wanted to say I'm loving your blog - especially seeing roughs and finished artwork- tres interesting - and Meep! what a little cutie! How's it going with finding a publisher for him and his friends? Mr Geoff says "hi Matt!" Hope life is treating you well!

Joy said...

In stereo! I was obviously over-eager to publish my comment an pushed the button twice.Duh.Hope you didn't feel disappointed when you found that the 2 comments were actually the same one twice. I know I would have been. Anyway, now you've got 3 comments! x

culprit said...

Cheers Joy

Not much luck with the kid's book treatments sadly!! Good to hear from you though - appreciate the sentiments x2 ;)

Best to you and Geoffrey

mpx